Monday, October 02, 2006

Macs vs. PCs

OK, I'm back in the fold. I'm sorry I ever considered leaving!

I am a Mac person. Ain't no doubt.

For the past five years, I have learned to deal with a PC for my work life. I have found them to be much easier to use than I expacted. Many of my favorite programs (mostly Photoshop) run very well on a PC.

Because of that, I was considering going the PC route at home, too. I figured I could handle all the PC limitations and have the advantage of actually getting to buy software from a store ... like games and stuff.

But then I got my father-in-law's G4. This thing is sweet. Runs all my programs smoothly and WAY better than a PC. Plus, I recently discovered the absolute joy of iLife. This is the suite of programs that turns a Mac into a video production studio. It's incredible. I'm upgrading to iLife 06 (for an amazingly low price of $79!) and just loving it. I'm turning all of my South Dakota vacation footage into a DVD that will NOT bore other people. Believe it or not!

Plus, the latest Macs now have a chip that allow them to run Windows so we Mac people can buy those games off the shelf.

I was terribly close to giving in, but I have been saved.

No comments: