Monday, October 23, 2006

Boys day

So, I had two free passes to Six Flags Elitch Gardens. I bought another at King Soopers so the boys and I could check out the Fright Fest activities at the park.

It's been many years since I was there the last time. And at that point Alex was barely old enough to ride the kiddie rides. So, I sat there and watched him go on the train ride AGAIN as I looked longingly at the big coasters and thrill rides that I knew I couldn't ride.

But this time was different. Sure, we spent some time in kiddie land (they actually have a nice trick-or-treat trail thing that the boys liked). But then we ventured to the bigger things.

Andy just made the 48-inch cut-off for most of the big rides and so we hit 'em. We went on the Batwing ride first which is actually just a giant spinning swing ride with the ability to control some movement by moving the big wings on the seat. Both boys loved it and were excited for more.

We hit a number of other spinning, rolling, flying things and they loved each one. And then we went to Twister II which is the big wooden rollercoaster. The boys were in awe, but they were both excited to go. We ended up going on it twice and despite a crazy-hard beating the rides provides, we had a blast.

Alex freaked a little on some of the big rides at Disneyland a few months ago, but he was gung-ho for rides at Elitch's. In fact, when we saw the Flying Coaster, Andy was sad because he was too short to go on it. But Alex asked if he could go by himself. This rides goes upside down and is pretty fast, so I was shocked he'd want to go. But he did and loved it!

Tracy is not a big fan of amusement parks (meaning, she hates them!), so I am glad that my love of the thrill ride rubbed off on both of my boys.

No comments: