Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Catching up, revving up

I graduated from college in 1991. I haven't seen nor heard from most of my friends from that era since around 1992.

Of course, they all have normal names like Tom, Scott and Cro-Mag (don't ask). Anyway, that makes it nearly impossible for me to Google them. So, I have to hope they find me (the one saving grace for being cursed with two screwy names!).

Well, the other day, I heard from my roommate and best friend from college, Bill. Found out he's married. Has a kid. Hard to believe because in my mind all those folks are stuck in the hardened amber of my memory as the drunk, crazy kids we all were.

Anyway, I've actually been having a fun conversation through e-mail with his wife, Patty. She enjoys writing, so, naturally the first thing I did was try to recruit her for National Novel Writing Month. And my writing buddy, Eric, is back behind the keyboard as well.

All of this has got me pretty excited once again for taking on NaNo. I'm still not sure what story I'll do. If I can't come up with something better, I'll probably work on the novel I started writing when I was back in Chico, going to school. It's called "Deadlines."

I'd love to get my NaNo novel from last year finished. And I'd like to get my pitch letters out to agents as well. I'll try to do that before November, but with work, racquetball, soccer, new TV season (including Lost tonight!!!), playing around with iMovie, and many other distractions, it will be a struggle.

No comments: