Monday, January 08, 2007

HOFs

So, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees are decided. Gotta say that I agree with all of them (although I still think it's too early for REM) except for the Ronettes. Only thing I can see they did was sing backup to the Righteous Brothers and sing "Be My Baby" which was used partially with the help of Ronnie Spector in Eddie Money's version. That's not HOF material in my book, but I guess it helps when Phil Spector is one of the "experts" coming up with the nominations (which STILL have not included Kiss, Rush or Genesis.

Anyway, I can't wait to see who is singing for Van Halen at the ceremony. The big news is that Eddie's son, Wolfgang, has replaced Michael Anthony on bass in the band. Not that there really is a band right now anyway, but still...

The other big HOF is baseball. Tomorrow the inductees are announced. Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken Jr. are no-doubters. With the backlash against Mark MacGwire, it looks like another of my favs, Goose Gossage, may make it in. I'm crossing my fingers. To see Gwynn and Gossage in on the same year would make me consider making a trip to Cooperstown.

Just hoping.

No comments: