Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Wall

Runners call it The Wall. I think. I have no real idea. I try to avoid running whenever possible.
But my understanding is that The Wall is that thing you hit when your body tells you to just shut down. Real runners break through The Wall and keep going.
Why all this background in running? Well, I think I hit the writer's version of The Wall this morning. I only got 1,000 words and each one was a struggle. My body was none too pleased about waking up another morning at 4:30 a.m. (almost as much as Tracy who keeps getting the brunt of my alarm clock).
So, I'm now slightly below pace at 34,514 words after a disappointing weekend for writing (but pretty good other than that). And I have hit The Wall.
But like those strange runners in the world, I need to break through it. Seems to me this happens every year for NaNo. It does suck, though. But I just have to force myself to keep writing. Even if it's just 1,000 words at a time. Eventually I'll break out. Better happen soon, though. The end of November is looming!

1 comment:

eba said...

Go man go