Tuesday, November 15, 2005

50 percent

Well, I passed the halfway mark this morning. I'm at 26, 048.
The good news is that my novel isn't halfway done. That's actually a first. In the past I've had to milk my story for extra words as I neared the end. Last year, the final version was about 65,000 which is still a little short for a "real" marketable novel.
I have a feeling this one will be in the 75,000 to 100,000 word total at the end. But it's really good. This morning I actually scared myself with something I came up with. It's kinda fun writing in a quiet basement all by yourself. Nice and creepy.
Also, last night, I had a dream that this book was No. 2 on the bestseller list (I'm sure it was the DaVinci Code in front of mine!). We had lots of money and I was doing talk shows. It almost sucked to wake up, except that I woke up to go write.

No comments: