Thursday, November 03, 2005

Slow cruise

I realize I have probably bored anyone who may be reading this with all my references to NaNo lately, but this thing practically consumes me in November, so that's what I'm thinking about.
I'm at 4,384 words on Day 3. It's not bad. I'm slightly below the pace I need to finish and I'm more than a little concerned about the weekends (4:30 a.m. is fine on a weekday, but not sure about Saturday ... especially this Saturday because I have friends coming over for poker on Friday!).
Anyway, the story is going well. I've abandoned my original plan of making this a sequel to my last book with the same detective. I really enjoyed the thought of someone living in someone's house without them knowing about it. So, I decided to scrap the police and have it be a bad guy vs. good guy thing in the house.
The creepy part is that the family in my book lives in a house that's laid out like my real house (so much for imagination, huh?!?). So, now I keep looking in all these hidden crevices and it's kinda freakin' me out a little.
Guess that's good, right? If I scare myself, it's gotta get other people, right?

No comments: