Monday, November 28, 2005

Home stretch

Despite a near triptaphan (sp?) overdose (coupled with an excessively high pumpkin pie count), I was able to keep up on my writing over the holidays. I'm now at 46,021. That's just a smidge under the pace, but should be no problem to do especially since there's nothing good on TV this week until Wednesday (LOST!!!).

The novel is going really well. I like my protagonist family. I think the bad guy is pretty real, but still pretty spooky. The tense scenes make me tense. The scary scenes scare me. This is really the first time that's happened. It's really fun.

Because I'm nearing the end of this grand adventure, I want to document all the other things I was able to accomplish this month on top of writing a 50K-plus word novel:
  • Put up all the inside and outside decorations for the holidays (and removed the ones from Halloween!)
  • Attended every one of Alex's basketball practices and games.
  • Unloaded the dishwasher almost every day
  • Did the lion's share of the laundry
  • Visited with friends and relatives over Thanksgiving break
  • Saw a few movies
  • Watched most of the TV shows I normally watch (on tape!)
  • Helped get my kids up-to-date on all the past Star Wars movies
  • Played racquetball every week (twice a week most of the time with an extra session with Dan!)
  • Had two poker nights (really, really late nights!)
  • Did a Guy's Write Nite with Alex
  • Met a couple times with my fellow NaNo folks in Greeley
  • Got to play with Alex and Andy a lot!
  • Helped get the house cleaned up and presentable (not as easy as it sounds, trust me!)
  • And worked a full-time job

Next year when I think I'm too busy to do NaNo, I just want to be able to read this again.

No comments: