Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Nice

10-hour days suck, but having three-day weekends is nice over the summer.

Sure, I spend most of my Fridays doing work around the house but then that leaves Saturday and Sunday for a little more fun.


This weekend, the boys and I did a massive cleaning job on their activity room on Friday and Tracy went to the Sex and the City movie with her chick friends (woo-hoo! I don't have to go!).


Saturday, I had to do a work thing in the morning and then Tracy and I went out to see The Visitor (not bad, Tracy liked it more than me but it still wasn't as good as the director's The Station Agent) that night.


Sunday was chill day. A little cleaning. A little laundry. I got to read a bit on the back porch ... until I started noticing all the weeds and so I started pulling. And then Tracy came out to help.

And then we realized we hadn't heard from the children in a while... They are at that age when you think you can leave them unsupervised for long periods ... And then you go to the front yard and see this ...


Yes, Alex and his goofy sidekick, Andy, had built a mud dam to block the gutter and then gotten in a mud fight (Alex took the worst of it). The worst was their mud dam was not in front of our house but rather a house three or four houses down and we had to carry buckets of water down there to wash it out.
Yes, I was pissed about it, but boys will be boys and it's good to see my kids getting in trouble outside for stuff like this than inside vegging all summer.

No comments: