Wednesday, May 28, 2008

14

It was 14 years ago today that a lovely woman agreed to be my lovely wife.
In that time ...
* We've had two amazing kids who make our lives even better every day.
* I gained and lost 50 pounds (ouch!)
* Both my best-man and Tracy's maid-of-honor got married and divorced.
* And my best-man got re-married (this last weekend ... congrats, George!)
* The Rockies made it to the World Series (probably another 14 years before they win the damn thing)
* The U.S. has been involved in several bloody wars that didn't do diddily-squat for anyone
* George Lucas finally finished the first three Star Wars movies
* The Broncos won the Super Bowl ... twice!
* We own two mini-vans
* I've had five different jobs (still would rather be writing full time)
* Tracy's had three
* My mother-in-law moved to Greeley from Fort Morgan (woo-hoo!)
* My father-in-law passed away (we miss you, Joe!)
* We've made many friends and lost contact with a few, too.
* I discovered I really like shrimp
* Brussel sprouts ... not so much
* Tracy has probably had less than 10 glasses of wine (I may have had a few more than that)
* Terrorists have done a number of really bad things
* So have US politicians
* We've only had two presidents (that's strange, huh?)
* We've seen hundreds (if not thousands) of movies (include bad TV shows and we're easily there)
* I am now comprised of 90 percent ice cream and popcorn
* I've published one book and several hundred columns (see many of 'em here)
* I've written several novels ... edited a couple and pitched to one agent
* My parents have moved from a gorgeous lake in California to Texas (please forgive them)
* We have killed at least two hermit crabs, countless sea monkeys (although two live!), a couple goldfish, a strange swimming frog and not nearly enough mosquitoes.

And through it all, I have been the most fortunate person on the planet because I have been able to experience it all with my incredible wife. She's my best friend and the hottest chick ever ... it's an awesome combination.
ILYM!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary, and congrats to Tracy for putting up with you for that long.