Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Mist

On a recommendation of a friend, I rented it.
I'm sure this was WAY better as a book. King movies often feel that way (except Misery which was equal to it).
Anyway, it's a bizarre story. Has some interesting elements about religion and faith driven by fear ... which certainly was a major theme.
The ending, however, was so sad and shocking, that I just had a hard time with it. As a parent, it was brutal to watch. I think it would have been better with a better actor. The main dude just doesn't look nearly as shocked as a real person would be.
Anyway, I guess it's worth a rental, but plan on having bad dreams.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't remember the story all that much, but I do remember really enjoying it. It was in King's "Skeleton Crew," another short story collection.


I'm reading "Duma Key" right now. So far so good. As usual.