Monday, April 28, 2008

What's up? Not much

Pretty laid-back weekend... lots of time with the boys since Mom is working on her HUGE work project ('til May 22, it's gonna be quiet on the Tracy front)...

Friday took the boys to their school's family fun night. This used to be an event where you paid a lot of money for the kids to play stupid games and win crap prizes. This year, the games were still there, but they were free! Woo-hoo! Much better. They also had a band playing outside and I got to hear the worst version of Hotel California ... EVER!

Saturday was crappy weather but the geniuses who decide to postpone soccer apparently can't look out a window. We got to the field and after a couple minutes, the snow and wind were so bad, I got together with the other coach and we decided to cancel our game and we alerted the refs. The girl ref (who was on the field AND bundled in a big blanket) turned to us and said, "Thank you."

Alex had a play-date for most of Saturday and into Sunday. So, Andy and I went to the city courts and played racquetball. I can't believe this little stinker is only 8. He has a good head for the game and is really impressive. Does a dad's heart good.

Sunday we did some cleaning around the house and then rode our bikes to the Library and the Family FunPlex (the boys couldn't pass it without wanting to play 18-holes of mini-golf!). There is a new (I think?) bike path that runs almost all the way to our house and to the FunPlex. It's a great trail and made the trip a blast. There's a killer hill at the end and the boys walked their bikes up it, but I was able to make it (kinda nice not hauling an extra 50 pounds up it).

As far as the weight goes, I'm maintaining. Seems like I'm down a pound or so. But I'm still exercising and eating good, so that's what matters.

2 comments:

eba said...

"They also had a band playing outside and I got to hear the worst version of Hotel California ... EVER!"

I happened to video one of the Beatles manglings in my latest Hi Daniel video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lStmLOWozVk

Jared Fiel said...

Eric,
You actually videoed more than I could stand to listen to. Impressive.