Monday, May 05, 2008

Good weekend

So, Friday, I gave the boys the option of going to a really cool new model train exhibit and museum that's only open once a month or staying home and watching a couple old Star Trek Next Generation episodes from NetFlix. Pikard won out. Although I'd like to go see the exhibit some time, I'm pretty happy that both of my sons are into Star Trek as much as I was. They use ST refs all the time and talk about phasers and posotronic brains and, yes, I have created two total nerds ... and I love it.

Saturday, we had Andy's second to last soccer game and the kids played amazing. By far their best game. My assistant coach was blown away. It was incredible.

Then, Andy went to a friend's house for a birthday party and Alex and I went to see the play "Annie" at the UCCC with Ruth, Greta, Alex's friend, Ryan, and his mom Kristie. Tracy couldn't go because she's snowed with a major work project. The play was pretty good. I'll admit I am not a big fan of the music in it, but the staging was impressive.

Alex then had a sleepover at Ryan's house and the next morning I picked up Andy and his friend, Cameron, and we met Dono and Sara for the Rockies game against the hated Dodgers. And the Rox actually won one!!! Woo-hoo.

During the game, I also got to meet up with a friend of mine from California, Mike Ingraham. Mike and I grew up about four houses from each other in the Bay Area from 4th grade through high school. Growing up, we had a lot of fun together (he went to my first rock concert (Van Halen, May 11, 1984) with me) and we also fought a lot (about nothing ... which sounds about right). Anyway, I hadn't seen him since high school graduation. He's now re-married to a cool lady named Jen and they recently moved to Colorado Springs. He looks just like his dad (so do I, I think). It was a short visit but it was great to see him.

Finished Sunday off by watching "Dead Alive" on DVD. This was Peter Jackson's first movie and it was so darn funny. Absolutely laugh-out-loud cheesy. WAY over the top fake gore. Really funny lines. Really bad special effects (the rat monkey is now my fav!). Horrible acting. Really fun.

No comments: