Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Done

The book stinks. The characters are boring. The plot is juvenile (and not in a good way!).

But it's 50K words. I might add a few more before I officially verify the count tonight or tomorrow, but I'm done for another year. Yeah!

The only things that has come out of this year:
  • A few kernels of ideas for actual good books
  • The realization that I can force myself to write 50K words on total crap
  • Something closely resembling a habit (but really November is all about not getting proper sleep and that's not really a good habit ... even if I am writing). I need to develop a healthy habitual writing schedule.
  • Even with two medical procedures, a whole house carpet and duct-work cleaning (try typing when your living room sofa is jammed in your ribs!), two sons trying to memorize their lines for their upcoming play (I think I know it better than they do!), my wife who was rabidly trying to sort through boxes of memorobilia dating back to her birth to make way for the major cleaning, and all the hundreds of other things that normally keep me from writing, I still got 50K.

Woo-hoo! Now, I'm going to sleep.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats man!

eba said...

Hurrah!