Monday, September 22, 2008

Martin and Frank

So, this weekend started on Friday as I got some tix from a friend for Martin Short (of SNL and SCTV fame) at the Union Colony Civic Center. Dono, Dan and I met up for dinner and more than a few drinks beforehand. Good show. Not great, but definitely had some laughs.

Saturday we had our second soccer game of the year. Got creamed but my guys made one of the best goals I've ever seen in little kid ball, so I'll call it a wash.

That night, Tracy and I decided to get all dressed up as we had tickets to see Frank Sinatra Jr. at the UCCC. I'm a huge fan of Sr. but I didn't have my hopes to high for Jr. I was mistaken. Along with a 30-plus-piece orchestra, Jr. went through a ton of his dad's tunes. His voice isn't even close to Sr. but his phrasing and timing were perfect. The big band sound was so sweet. "I've got the World on a String" was definitely a highlight. Missed some of my favs such as "I get a kick out of you" and "Chicago" but it was still fun. Met Andy and Christi for drinks at the new Kress Theater after.
Here's a pic my friend Andy took:

The other big thing from the weekend was that the boys, for some reason, got on a kick to play racquetball. We played Saturday day at the Greeley Rec Center and they had so much fun, they made me take them again on Sunday and they both loved it. This was a pure joy moment for me as racquetball is one of my favorite things to do. The boys seem to have found my excitement in the game and they are surprisingly quick learners. I sure hope this continues.

No comments: