Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Long weekend

Nice to have three days off again.
Started off well Friday as Andy and I played Highland Hills (actually shot well) and then went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then saw "Traitor" (it was OK, but I'll admit I was tired and I'm pretty sure I dozed off in parts ... not a great sign).
Saturday, we took the boys to the grand opening of the new Toys R Us in Fort Collins. They had tons of characters in costume. Alex and Andy only cared about the Star Wars ones...


That night, Tracy and I went to dinner at Biaggi's (great Gluten-free menu) and then saw "Vicky Christina Barcelona" (the new Woody Allen flick). Very good movie. Great characters and dialogue.

Sunday was set aside for cleaning the entire garage and it sucked. But I'm glad it's all done now (I still had Christmas decorations in there to put away).

Monday was the last day at the pool and they had a nice potluck lunch. Kids swam for six hours and were exhausted (so was I).

Also, I finished Veronica Mars. They definitely need a movie to wrap it all up. It was an impressive series. Not sure I'd agree with Kevin Smith that it's one of the best shows ever but it's really good.

Now I'm starting "Rescue Me" from Season 1. Heard so much about this and NetFlix is a great way to catch up on these shows. The 45-minute shows are perfect for timing my stationary bike rides.

No comments: