Monday, November 05, 2007

330 words short

Getting up this morning at 5 a.m. was a lot easier this morning since my body thought it was 6 a.m.

I was cruising pretty good on my novel. The writing is going well. Not great literature but words are flowing relatively easily. Not good words. But words.

I was hoping to end the morning at my goal of 8,335 words (supposed to do 1,667 each day), but as I got to word 8,005, my desk fell apart.

Literally.

The whole top part that holds my keyboard just fell off. So, I had to spend the last 20 minutes getting the right Allen wrench for the funky screws that hold the whole thing together. For once, I can honestly say I wasn't trying to find a way to procrastinate.

That means I need to write at least 330 words tonight to stay on track. Shouldn't be a problem ... D'oh, it's "Heroes" night!?!?! And now when I go to bed it's midnight but my body thinks it's 1 a.m.

1 comment:

Geo said...

Hey Jared, I was doing some blog searching and I found yours. Pretty cool.

I tried my hand at blogging also (http://geos-post.blogspot.com/) but I'd say I'm still "fumbling" through it.

Geo.