Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Oscars

OK, so my fav movie of the year won for two years in a row. That's just strange to me. And Scorsese was best director.

But other than the Will Ferrell/Jack Black/John C. Reilly song, was this the most boring Oscars ever?

Alan Arkin was the only real surprise of the night. (Wahlberg should have won!). Speeches were boring. Seems like they should have provided winners with Red Bull before they got up there.

Because of yet another busy weekend, I didn't get out to see any movies. I did watch "Date Movie" on HBO and it was actually worse than the critics said. I still think there's great potential in a parody of the Rom-Com genre. Too bad this wasn't it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rom Com?

Feeling better?

I liked the show though. Ellen was funny, the choir was interesting. There were a few surprises - "Our Town" or Dreamgirls not winning best song, and the best documentary was a mild surprise, and the penguin movie winning instead of Cars? Are you shitting me?

Otherwise not really. You're right. I was thrilled about Martin finally winning though and the movie WAS the best movie!!!