Monday, February 12, 2007

Letters review

This weekend, despite a speech and a 3-hour grammar class I taught, I still managed to see two very different movies...

Letters from Iwo Jima -- Very good movie. Better than Flags of our Fathers. Nicely directed (I'm still rooting for Scorsese, though) with some great acting. Still not in the class of Saving Private Ryan or even Tora, Tora, Tora but still a darn good war movie.

Saw III -- Almost seems wrong to list these two movies together, but I am. Anyway, this one is much like the first two. Yes, there's a lot of gore (I think I read the DVD is more hardcore than the theatrical release). But there is an interesting underlying story here. Looks like they have at least one more in the series to go. And I'm sure I'll see it. Sometimes I even worry myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You didn't see Hostel, so you're safe in the psycho department, in my mind.