Monday, November 17, 2008

Done?!?

OK, National Novel Writing Month is barely half-way over, but I FINALLY finished the novel I have been working on for the past two years. It was a great ending that tied back into the whole story.
Very happy.
So, I gave myself one day off as a celebration and then I got right back into the novel. Now, I'm editing. Since this book was written over such a long time, I forgot some points about the characters and how they sounded and what was in what room.
Now I'm going through from the beginning, making grammar and style fixes on paper and making notes about the characters, locations and a basic timeline (I have a lot of backstory that I think kinda wraps around itself).
Anyway, my word count for the writing part of NaNo ended at about 25,000. But now I'm just going to tack on the edited word count which was about 4,000 over the weekend. So, now I'm at 29,000 which is slightly above pace.
For those of you who think this is cheating, BITE ME.
I'm too giddy to care.

No comments: