Monday, November 10, 2008

Bye Holliday

It was just over a year ago that Matt Holliday contributed a huge part in the greatest baseball game I have ever seen live (or ever seen period). See my memories here.

Today it was announced the Rox traded Holliday to the A's (my other fav team) for Huston Street and two guys I've never heard of (one is a pitcher with a 6-17 record!?!?!).

It's the end of an era as we say goodbye to Holliday. But it also seems like the end of an era as the Rox seem to be parting with the team that brought the only World Series appearance for us. I haven't given up hope as many other fans have after hearing this news, but I am highly suspect.

On the bright side, when I go to Spring Training in March, I'll get to see Holliday in an A's uni (unless they trade him before then which is a definite possibility).

No comments: