Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Frustration

You know that serenity prayer where you are supposed to not give a crap about things you can't control?

I'm apparently not very serene right now.

Here are my frustrations with crap I can't control:

* The FREAKIN' Rockies! I watch games. I listen to games. I cheer for the team ALL THE TIME! For many, many years now. From Day 1. AND THEY SUCK! AGAIN!!! We filled the stadium and bought all the souvenirs and rooted for no-name players anyway. And what has it gotten us? A team that is playing so crappy the NY Mets were nearly salivating when they came to town. I hate that this affects me, but it does. The Cubs fans claim to have the hardest luck story but we don't even have a stupid fan to blame for not being in the playoffs, we just have a crappy team!!!

* 24. I know I have ranted about this before, but I have invested a lot of time in this show. Five full days of viewing time, plus about 20 hours this season. That's a lot. And this season has been horrible. Tracy has given up. Dono has given up. But for me, I'm not willing to sever ties yet. I should. There's simply no way to salvage this season. But I'll see what they do. Jack is gonna have to do something pretty amazing to make me stick around for another day with him.

* Time. I know that technically I can control this. But I have so much work to do, so many things going on at home, so many TV shows to watch (yeah, I know), and I just don't seem to have time for it all. I ended up working last weekend and I'm still behind! URG!

That's it for now.

No comments: