Monday, September 25, 2006

Whining

So, I saw "Last Kiss" over the weekend. This is a follow-up for the Scrubs dude to "Garden State" (which I thought was well done, but didn't have a great plot).

This movie is just as well done with a better plot, but my biggest struggle is listening to these 30-year-olds (and, yes, I'm in this category!) whine about the responsibilities of marriage and parenthood.

Wah! So you don't get lucky every night with a different woman (let's face it that only happens in the movies ... and for my roommate in college) and change a few diapers. Suck it up! It's a hell of a lot more manly to take responsibility for his life and his family than it is to whine about "losing my freedom." Good lord! Next it will be someone doing a movie about having to make a house payment! Oooooh! How do you do it?!?!?

OK, now I'm off my soapbox. It was still an OK movie.

Also, I saw "Everyone's Hero" with the kids this weekend. Despite the reviews, I actually enjoyed this one. It had a good story. If it hadn't been for an absolutely moronic ending, this could have been a great movie (although the animation was weak). And, before you ask, no, I don't like it just because it was about baseball. I will admit that there are very few baseball movies I don't like (MVP would probably be top of the list), this was good anyway.

No comments: