Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Back from the Dead(wood)

Well, we just got back from our trip to the Black Hills. I had never been there and I gotta say it was one of the best vacations we've done. Really fun, but exhausting.
We had a blast. I got to gamble and geek-out in Deadwood. The boys got to touch snakes, a bear came up to our car window (in one of those drive-thru zoo things). We saw Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse. Saw Mammoth Bones. Saw Wild Bill get shot. Ate a lot of junk. Spent a lot of time in gift shops! Went in a cave and a mystery house. Panned for gold. Swam in every hotel pool in the Hills. Froze our butts off during the lighting ceremony for Rushmore. Lots more.

Here are some pics from the trip:


To the left, Alex tries to beat a chicken at tic-tac-toe at Reptile Gardens. None of us could beat that darn chicken. I'm a little frustrated!







The boys and I hanging with the prairie dawgs.

We ate at Kevin Costner's sports bar in Deadwood. When I looked next to our table, there was Crash Davis' bat from Bull Durham. It's kinda like going to Mecca.

No comments: