Thursday, August 17, 2006

First day

Yesterday was the boys' first day back at school. Andy in first. Alex in third. It was pretty different than any other first day, because Tracy wasn't there. (See previous post).
I was pretty lost for what to do on the first day. In the past we I've dropped off the kids, Tracy tells me where they line up from the playground to go inside. I had no idea how she knew that.
Fortunately, there were some other parents I knew who helped me.
This was Andy's first time to be in school all day and he was a little nervous. He wore a t-shirt and shorts that he picked out (meaning they didn't match). Alex was so excited, he wore a collared shirt and jeans (this is a new thing for a kid who used to live in shorts and sweat pants!).
After school, I took them out to dinner with my mother-in-law to hear about their days. Andy seemed to have a good time, but didn't want to talk about it much. Alex was babbling about every second of the day.
As we went to bed last night, Andy picked out a nice, collared shirt and "hard shorts" (that means his nicest ones that aren't very comfortable) to wear the next day. Not sure what happened at school yesterday, but it's already affected his clothing choices (this is a kid who once cried because he had to wear a collared shirt to hit a ball at the golf range in California).
Guess they're both getting older.

No comments: