Monday, February 27, 2006

Say no to 'Flightplan'

This is a public service announcement:

Under NO circumstances should anyone be put through the 1.5 hours of hell known as Flightplan. We got it on NetFlix this weekend and watched it last night. I've been eagerly waiting for it because I love Jodie Foster and, despite the reviews, I thought it looked creepy. NOT!
Just stupid! Want a movie with plot holes you could fly a big-ass plane through? This is it!

And as long as I'm helping out... also avoid "Elizabethtown." Hard to believe Cameron Crowe did this one. Believe all the critics. It is that bad!

Don't say I didn't warn you.

If you are looking for something good, here are a couple recommendations:

Junebug (Amy Adams is awesome!)
Murderball (best documentary ... even though I loved those darn penguins, too!)
The Island (great stunts!)
Saw II (not as good as the first one, but I liked the stuff with the bad guy)
Lords of Dogtown (Heath Ledger shows his pre-Brokeback acting chops!)
3 Iron (an Asian film that is bizarre but also really fascinating)
Band of Brothers (my friends lent me his copy and I was blown away!)

No comments: