Monday, March 06, 2006

Loving it

For the first time since 1991, I am happy about the Best Picture winner at the Oscars!

Ever since I saw Crash, every other movie this year has paled in comparison. I am just tickled it won.

In case you are wondering what 1991 was, well it was "Silence of the Lambs." I remember sitting in my little house in New Mexico yelling at the top of my lungs when it swept. I probably wasn't as invested in Crash as that, but I still whooped it up pretty good.

The other thing I loved was Larry McMurtry's acceptance speech about the culture of the book and how we can't lose it. I couldn't agree more and I plan on seeing my novels on the big screen someday, too!

Now, I just have to finish the latest one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's fine, but how's the novel coming? When's a new post going up?