Monday, January 28, 2008

Ready for the week?

Well, the weekend was a whirlwind with basketball games, team photos, playdates for the boys and on Sunday we went to Denver for the Denver Kids Expo to promo the book. Long day. Not many sales, but the boys had a good time getting crap from the other booths.

But I did get to see two movies:

Juno -- Excellent flick. Great dialogue (kinda like a female Kevin Smith wrote it ... quite a compliment to Diablo Cody). Really liked it.

There Will Be Blood -- Amazing acting. Brilliant look of the movie. Some have complained it is slow. I don't agree. I was pulled along the whole way but I don't really know for what purpose. As I have mentioned before I have come to accept the fact I enjoy superficial entertainment. I really don't want to think too deeply about metaphors and symbols and all that crap. I just want a good story. And this one had a good story for most of the movie. I don't really get the point of the movie based on the ending. But Daniel Day-Lewis is spectaculor.

Also, on NetFlix I have recently been watching Season 1 of Sleeper Cell which was a Showtime series that lasted 2 seasons. This was base don a recommendation on NetFlix because I like the show 24. And I have got to say it is a GREAT show. I don't know why it only lasted 2 seasons. Maybe the second one sucks (but based on the reviews in NetFlix, I don't think so). Anyway, rent it. It rocks.

No comments: