Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Movie-going experience

So, my friend Andy and I went to see "Cloverfield" on Saturday night.

The movie, itself, was very good, I thought (Andy didn't think so because the moving camera thing made him sick).

But the worst part about it was the audience. I realize it was probably a mistake to see a big movie at an evening showing on opening weekend. I don't often get to do that, so I took advantage.

Anyway, the scene in the Greeley Mall Cinemark was horrible. There were 6 teens behind us who talked (not about the movie) throughout and kicked our seats. Andy and I both talked to them and then got the manager who had ushers (are they still called that?) walk up and down the aisles. When they would walk by, the teens would shut up and then they'd start it up 20 seconds later.

Remember when teens used to at least have respect for adults (at least to their faces). These little bastards just kept mouthing off ("I didn't say nothing, man!"). I wanted to go kick their parents' asses.

Going out to a movie is a treat for me. I love seeing a big movie on a big screen (and this one definitely qualified ... although a smaller screen would have made Andy less sick, probably). But because people feel they have a right to ruin everyone else's enjoyment of a movie, I won't be going to any opening night flicks again.

No comments: