Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Soggy ending

Well I am still wringing out from the rain that ended the last baseball game of the year for our household. It's been a fun season. Both boys hit really well. Andy has become a lead-off hitter for his team and Alex is surprisingly fast on the basepaths (if you know ANYONE in my family, you'll know why I said it's a surprise). Alex had the strangest bat of the year last night before the rain came. The pitcher threw at his head. Alex ducked, but he forgot to bring the bat down, too. The ball hit off the bat and actually went into fair territory. There was about two seconds of absolute silence because nobody knew what to do. Then everyone yelled at Alex to run. He made it up the line just in front of the throw.

This was actually the first game of the year to get rained out. We've had amazingly great conditions this year. (Not always playing as well as the conditions, but always having fun!)

I have a softball game tonight. Our team lost the first game of the season tournament, but we came back to kill last week. We're hoping to work through the loser's bracket. Stranger things have happened. I almost hope the pitcher throws at my head so I can try Alex's trick.

No comments: