Monday, July 10, 2006

Movies

So, we were gonna go see the new Pirates movie last night. Three shows in a row were sold out. There were more people in line for the movie than for the ride when we went to Disneyland a few months ago...

Instead of waiting, we decided to go see "Click" and it was surprisingly not crappy.

Since I'm going off on movies, here are more of my condensed reviews:
  • "Superman Returns" ... Crap. Christopher Reeve dead and paralyzed has more life than this new guy.
  • "Cars" ... Awesome! The credits are the best. Not better than "Finding Nemo" but WAY better than most kid fare.
  • "Garfield 2" ... Bill Murray and Tim Curry doing voice overs ALMOST saves this.
  • "The Breakup" ... ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz
  • "The Lake House" ... DON'T GO! Trust me. Just don't go!
  • "A Prairie Home Companion" ... I don't listen to NPR, but this one was pretty good. Great actors and a fun story. Woody Harrelson and John C Reily should really work together more!
  • "The Devil Wears Prada" ... I knew this would be a chick flick, but I think I actually liked it more than my wife did. Very funny and reminded me of some of the crappy bosses I've had.
  • "The Da Vinci Code" ... Not nearly as exciting as the book.
  • "Over the Hedge" ... Not better than "Cars" but WAY better than most.
  • "Poseidon" ... Why do they need to remake classics and make them worse? Skip this and watch the classic on TV (it's on every other hour on AMC).
  • "Hoot" ... I'll admit I went there to see Jimmy Buffett. Other than that, I had a nice nap while my kids watched the movie.

No comments: