Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Back ... sort of ...

OK, Mr. Anderson, has informed me that I have been ignoring my blog.
I'll admit most of my social networking stuff has now moved to Facebook. Got some fun pictures of the family and the holidays and my new poker table on there (please sign up to be my friend ... I'm having friend envy).
So, another roundup:
1. Weight ... last year at this time, I resolved to lose weight. I lost 60 pounds in 2008 (and then found some of it back thanks to the holidays). I still have a long way to go so I'm resolving to ridding my body of the holiday weight before Feb. 1 when the Biggest Winner program kicks off again at Aims and then to lose at least another 40.
2. Testosterone Tour 2 ... we're planning this trip now as the sequel to our trip two years ago for a couple reasons: 1) It was one of the best vacations EVER, 2) Celebrating mine and Donovan's 40th birthdays, 3) The Rockies went to the World Series the year we saw them at Spring Training, and they need our help again. The trip should include Andy Segal, possibly Donovan, Randy Bangert, Dan England will join us for the Vegas portion and hopefully some other folks who will come for different parts.
3. Entertainment: Currently on Season 4 of The Wire. It's an amazing show. Great characters. Awesome stories. Check it out on NetFlix. As far as movies in the theater: most of them have been pretty disappointing. Benjamin Button, Valkyrie, Seven Pounds and some others I can't remember have been boring. Slumdog Millionaire is by far the best I've seen this year. Just a great flick. Still haven't seen Frost/Nixon or Milk (which I REALLY want to see). I also actually liked The Day the Earth Stood Still which nobody else on the planet liked. I think it actually came close to the same feeling as the original (although the original is still better).
4. Holidays ... it was great. Lots of time at home with the kiddos. Tracy surprised me with a gift of a new Rockies poker table for Christmas, made by her cousin's husband. It is just incredible and we played our first game on it last Saturday.
Not much else to say. Sorry for ignoring this blog. I'll try to be better.

3 comments:

eba said...

welcome back... sort of.

Anonymous said...

I will not approve on it. I regard as precise post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to study the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.