Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Vote, Chimp

This weekend saw Swing Vote with Tracy and Space Chimps with the boys.
Chimps was terrible. Boring story. One or two funny lines but it was trying too hard to be clever and failed. The animation was crap, too.
Swing Vote was better than I expected. We mainly saw it because Tracy's aunt and uncle were extras in the final big scene (never saw 'em but I believe 'em). If you can get past the moronic set-up of the movie, it was a pretty good story about politics and how much people change to get elected. Some great ads in the movie for the candidates, talking to the one voter, Costner.
At home, I've been watching Season 2 of Veronica Mars. It's a really good series. I hear I'm going to be pissed at the end of Season 3, but it's a really good show. Too bad I didn't get into it until after it was off the air.
Also, Tracy and I have caught up with Mad Men. What an amazing show! Absolutely brilliant storylines and characters and the acting is fantastic. Believe all the hype.
Other than that, we had a fairly mellow poker night on Friday. I didn't play well and the cards sucked for the most part but it was a fun night. Hopefully we'll get a few more folks next time.
For our last big woo-hoo before the kids go back to school, we're hitting Elitch's this Friday. Should be fun.

No comments: