Monday, March 26, 2007

Reviews

Been awhile since I got to the movies, so I made up for it this weekend. Saw 3 flicks...

TMNT -- I remember seeing the first movie the day it came out when I was in college. And now it's my son, Andy, who is the Turtle freak. I've been a fan of the Turtles ever since I saw a reference to them on a Metallica album, back in the day before the cartoons when the Turtles were an underground comic that was so funny! The new movie was pretty darn good. Beautiful visuals, lots of good action. I just wish it didn't take itself so seriously. Yes, there was some humor, but c'mon these are mutants who are ninjas and turtles. That really should be sillier.

Reign on Me -- The guy who tore my ticket said, "Hope you enjoy Re-Geen on Me." Makes me sad for public education. Anyway, the movie was OK. Great acting. OK story. But I totally wasn't in the mood for it. For some reason.

300 -- I didn't really have plans to see this one. (Actually, I wanted to see "Zodiac" but the Trib had the times printed wrong for TWO different theaters, so I had to see this one.) The story is pretty blah. Braveheart redux. But the visuals were incredible. Absolutely gorgeous shots in every scene. Very gory and lots of blood. Too bad the story wasn't better.

No comments: