Monday, October 10, 2005

NaNoWriMo

Well it's getting close to National Novel Writing Month again.

This will be my fourth year (hopefully my third completion) of writing a 50,000-word novel in 30 days. I go into the month expecting to write absolute garbage and I have always been pleasantly surprised how non-crappy it turns out.

Anyway, we have a group from Greeley who are going to meet later this month to kick off our little adventure. I've been doing this with my friend Eric Anderson for all four years, but last year we brought in a couple other Greeley folks and sounds like this year will be even bigger.

Normally I don't like writing groups because I think it takes time away from actually writing, but this group, so far, has emphasized encouragement so we all know we're not doing this alone.

Anyway, I can't wait to get started!

No comments: