Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Opening Day

Haven't had a chance to update because I've been pretty busy, but -- most importantly -- I went to the Rockies Opening Day on Monday. This is the seventh or eighth year in a row I've gone to the home opener with my friend, Donovan. The group continues to grow. This year we had eight of us.

I'm still pushing for the legislation to make Opening Day a National Holiday. I'd appreciate your support.

This year, things were crazy as always downtown. We had a cocktail and then went inside early to watch batting practice. The weather was gorgeous. We sat in the left field bleachers, basking in the sun as we watched just about everyone else around us catch a ball. It was great.

To top it off, the Rookie Rockies (they're calling it "Gen R" now) came back from two runs down in the ninth to score four runs with two outs off Trevor Hoffman. Absolutely sweet finish!

On top of that ... my fantasy team is in third place!!! (Life is good!)

No comments: