Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bad movies

Two stinkers...
1. In the theater, Tracy and I saw Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. This is getting good reviews generally but it was so dumb. Huge plot holes. NO laughs (gum and puke aren't funny in a rom-com). No chemistry. I have no idea what EW and others are thinking by talking this one up so much. Maybe I'm just old. But personally, a good movie should transcend age (Juno did!).
2. On DVD, "A Good Year" with Russell Crowe. Tracy really wanted to see this. It was terrible (she agreed). It was horribly directed (Ridley Scott should stick to action flicks!) and horribly edited. Wasn't funny or touching. If wine is the central focus of a movie, I'm usually a fan. That's how bad this was. So far, this is my pick for the worst movie of the year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the line Tracy told us you said when we saw her at the mall Saturday from watching that chihuahua movie: "I always take the movie bullet."

I love it.

So how was your time off. "The Wire" continues to be great.