Thursday, December 13, 2007

A cold Coors

Through my job, I happened to meet the head of security for the Colorado Rockies. I told him that there was a large part of my book, Wrath, that takes place at Coors Field and I'd appreciate picking his brain about the security that's in place.

He said it would be better if I came down there so I could see it first-hand. So, I went yesterday.
This is the view from Dan O'Dowd's personal box!
(click on the pics and they'll be bigger)


It was pretty snow-covered, but it was so fun. Got to see the clubhouse ...

Including Matt Holliday's locker ...

And then, I heard many of the players were working out so I asked if we could see where that is. We went to the room and Garrett Atkins walked in as Jeff Francis was walking out. They yelled to Tulo who was on the treadmill and then the guy I was talking to says, "Hey, Walt." And Walt Weiss comes out.

I shook his hand and, despite the fact I promised myself I wouldn't geek out, I totally did. But Weiss was one of my favorite Oakland A's and I was so jazzed when he came to Colorado. He's now coaching for them. But he was totally in shape and looked like he could play tomorrow.

Here's the pic of us...



No comments: