Monday, August 13, 2007

So much for that

So, Van Halen today announced they are going back on tour with David Lee Roth for the first time since the 1984 tour. They announced 25 dates ... not a single one in DENVER!

I'll admit I wasn't sure if I wanted to see them this time around. I mean Michael Anthony won't be with them because Eddie's son is playing bass. He was a HUGE part of the band (and I loved his Jack Daniel's bass!).

On the other hand, Van Halen was my first rock concert. May 11, 1984, at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. My mom took me and four of my best friends to the show (she never attended another concert with my after the guy in front of her spent most of the evening throwing up). But that concert was legendary in my book. Eddie did a 35-minute guitar solo. DLR was unbelievable. Even Alex Van Halen was pretty damn good on his solo.

I saw Van Hagar a couple times later on but it was never the same as that first show. I love Sammy (his solo stuff is WAY better than most Van Hagar stuff).

I guess it doesn't matter what I think because Eddie and the boys are skipping Colorado completely. Happy Trails, boys.

No comments: